Tuesday 17 November 2009

'Benglish'


Ever fancied learning a new language?

I know my Dad has - "I'm gonna learn French" he once said. Once. And then, again and again and again. We're still waiting...

But just think of the benefits for a moment. The benefits of being multi-lingual.

Our eldest son is only 2 years 4 months old, but we think we've got a little genius in the making as he's already gone one step further. He's invented his own language.

Here's a smattering of 'benglish' for you to digest that we've picked up over the last 12 months.

It's quite a guttural dialect and can be quite hard to get accustomed to at first, particularly in the verbal form, but when you put your mind to it and just focus on the key sounds in each word, you really can master 'benglish' in no time.

See how you get on.

Cacai = Cuddle
Ninny = Nanny
Alice = Sally
Beesh = Biscuit / Weetabix
Pawsh = Porridge
Shukon = Sweetcorn
Keeshpees = Rice Krispies
Raysh = Raisins
Mee tow = Yes please; I would like; Can I have; I want that; Give me it now.
Ca Cac = Duck
Oof Woof = Dog
Hank = Elephant
Munns = Bunny / Rabbit
Cordon = Crocodile
Baii = Boy
Galllll = Girl
Pa Pa Pa = Space Pirates (Kids TV program)



Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

No comments:

Post a Comment