Wednesday 12 May 2010

Death by powerpoint?


Today was a first.

Despite working for the same Council, Ellen and I sit at desks that are roughly 10 miles apart.

This is not unusual in our Council since, serving a largely rural populace of some 250,000, our offices are peppered across several locations throughout the district.

However, today, we had the novelty of being in the same building, in the same room, at the same time, for the same meeting.

We were attending a Council training course, a very well-attended training course it has to be said with some 60 people turning up, although we were sat at different tables for the day so the whole husband and wife thingy didn't crop up much at all in conversation.

I have to say, Ellen behaved very well. She even bought me a coffee.

I'll have to go on some more training courses with her I think.


Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You are from Ireland?!?!? i LOVE Ireland! I love the culture, food and everything! Even the Language! England is just as Great! =)

    ReplyDelete